Share now

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has handed over no fewer than 195 candidates in the just concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination to the police for prosecution over alleged involvement in various examination malpractices.

JAMB said on Sunday that some of the candidates had been arraigned by the police in various courts while others were still undergoing further investigation and would also face trial.

The board in its weekly bulletin obtained by our correspondent published the names and states of the 195 candidates.

Last week, it had released the names of 149 candidates with Imo, Anambra and Enugu states topping the list with 26, 12 and 12 candidates respectively.

Meanwhile, the number of suspects has risen to 195 with Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Kano and Kaduna states leading with 28, 16, 15, 15 and 15 cases respectively.

The offences listed against the candidates included; examination by proxy, attempt to cheat, forceful entrance, tampering with examination documents, smuggling of mobile phones into the examination halls among others.

β€œAs part of its tradition, the board would not hesitate to withdraw the results of candidates found to have perpetrated any form of examination malpractice,” JAMB said.

TEAM BABS REPORTING


Share now
βš–πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡§ πŸ‡ΈπŸ—£...||Student activist||Publicist||Edu. consultant||Writer||Instructor||Reporter||Media personnel||

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here