The Kogi State government has made clarification on a directive making the rounds that schools in the State should immediately reopen.Reports emerged on Monday, particularly on social media, that the government has directed schools principals and teachers to resume on Monday, 15th June 2020.
However the Executive Chairman, Kogi State Science, Technical Education and Teaching Service Commission (STETSCOM), Mrs. Cecilia Cook denied the report, describing the rumour as the handiwork of mischief makers.
- KOGI STATE POLYTHECNIC, LOKOJA (KSP) RELEASES 2020/2021 ND (FULL-TIME) ADMISSION LIST
- AIRFORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KADUNA (AFIT) RELEASES 2020 POST-UTME RESULT
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY (LASU) ANNOUNCES RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- ZAMFARA STATE GOVERNOR ORDERS CLOSURE OF ALL BOARDING SCHOOLS
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, EDE DIRECTS RESUMPTION OF ALL STAFF
Speaking through the Information Officer, Mr. Onighaye Talabi, she said that the commission lacked the authority to direct schools to reopen.“We cannot reopen schools, because it is not within our mandate.
It is only the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology that reserves the right.“The Executive Chairman of STETSCOM has not directed schools to reopen. Schools will definitely resume soon. The principals and teachers should disregard the report as it is not true,” she said.
FOKS, FOR TEAM BABS REPORTING