The Edo State Government has approved resumption of primary and secondary schools for the 2020/2021 academic session on Monday, September 28, 2020 across the state.
The Commissioner for Education, Jimoh Ijegbai, said in a statement on Tuesday that the State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, had approved the resumption of primary and secondary schools in Edo State for the 2020/21 academic session on Monday September 28th, 2020.
- NECO SCHEDULES MISSED PAPERS, FIXES DATE FOR CONTINUATION OF EXAM
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, ILARO SUSPENDS ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- NECO SUSPENDS ONGOING EXAMINATION TILL FURTHER NOTICE
- KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC (KWARAPOLY) DEBUNKS CLAIMS OF CIVIL UNREST ON CAMPUS
- #ENDSARSPROTEST: ONDO STATE GOVERNOR ORDERS CLOSURE OF ALL SCHOOLS
He said in order to observe the social/physical distancing safety protocol in the classrooms, secondary schools were to operate according to the following schedule:
- JSS 1-3 between 8am -11am
- SSS 1-3 would be between 12pm-3pm.
Ijegbai said parents and guardians were expected to provide face masks for their children and wards in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.