The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has prepared a proposal, which includes guidelines that would ensure safe and efficient conduct of its operations.
The 2020 Batch ‘A’ Stream One Orientation Course was suspended after a week, as part of the measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Nigeria.
However, NYSC is looking to reopen camps across the country and has This was contained in a statement on Tuesday, issued by the NYSC Director of Press and Public Relations, Adenike Adeyemi.
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE APPOINTS NEW DEPUTY VICE-CHANCELLOR
- UNN RELEASES SUPPLEMENTARY ADMISSION LISTS for 2020/2021 SESSION
- KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC , ILORIN (KWARAPOLY) RELEASES CBT EXAMINATION TIMETABLE
- JAMB DELISTS SIX MORE COMPUTER-BASED TEST CENTRES
- FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OFFA SCHEDULES 27TH MATRICULATION CEREMONY
According to Adeyemi, the Director-General of NYSC, Brig. General Shuaibu Ibrahim, made the comments when the DG of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja.
“Conscious of the possibility of the further or complete lifting of lockdown, the strategies mapped out by the NYSC management had taken care of various scenarios, and would be presented to the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 through the NCDC for guidance,” the statement read in part.
Ihekweazu, in his response said the proposals Ibrahim presented, will be studied and recommendations made to the appropriate authorities.
OLA, FOR TEAM BABS REPORTING