As we gear up for the 2021 JAMB CBT exam, candidates are to note that there are items they are not allowed to bring to the exam hall. According to JAMB, this is to ensure that the Board’s examinations meet the best global practice. Candidates who bring any of these items to the hall would be disallowed from taking the UTME.
Candidates are hereby required to properly examine the list and take note of the prohibited items, in order to avoid complications during the UTME exercise.
JAMB List of Prohibited Items in the exam hall and instructions on biometric verification
Below is the complete list of Prohibited Items listed by JAMB
Mobile Phones or Similar Electronic Devices
Spy Reading Glasses Which Should be Scrutinized
Calculators or Similar Electronic Devices
USB, CD, Hard Disk, and or Similar Storage Devices
Books and Any Reading/Writing Material
Also, where an examination official (board staff or ad hoc staff) or any authorized person is found with any of these prohibited items in the examination hall, such compromising action would be treated as a deliberate act of examination sabotage and necessary sanction will be applied.
Instructions on Biometric Verification
- Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
- No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
- There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
- Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
- All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination.